INTRODUCING ONE OR SOMEONE


Task. 1
Read the following  dialogue
Ari drops by at Rita’s House with his friend from Australia.
Ari                         : Hi, Rita. This is my friend Andrew. Andrew, this is Rita.
Andrew                 : How do you do?
Rita                       : How do you do. Nice to meet you Andrew. Have a seat, please.
Ari and  Andrew  : Thank You

Task. 2
Answer the questions.
1.     Who is Ari’s Friend.......?         …………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
2.     Where does he come from....?      …………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
3.     Does Andrew ever meet Rita before?      …………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
4.     What does Andrew say to Rita?      …………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
5.     What does Rita’s answer?      …………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
School Preparation
 A. LISTENING
Task. 3
Listen to your teacher reading the following text. Then fill in the blank with the word/words you heard.
Situation: On  the first day of school, it is usual  for students and teachers to introduce each other. The following is one of  your friend introducing  himself in front of the class.

Hello friends,  Good morning, It is nice to …….(1) you . Well, my name is ………….(2). You can  call me Fathur. I was ……(3) on ………..(4) in Galunggung. I am  ……………(5) now. My hobby is  playing ……….(6) and  my ………..(7) food is pizza. Now, I live on …….(8) number ……(9), it is west of  Ambon Iland town ……….(10). Thank you.

 Task. 4 Study the following Expressions
Greeting
Leave taking/Parting
Hello,
Hi
Good morning
Good Afternoon
Good Evening
How are you
How are things?

Bye
Bye-bye
See you
So long
See you later
Cheers
Take care

Task 5.
Fill in the blank with the suitable expression of greeting and parting

Josh     : … .........................(1),
Brad     : Good morning, Josh
Josh     : … ........................ (2) are you?
Brad     : Fine thanks.
 
Task. 6
Fill in the table about someone’s description based on the information you heard.
Name                : ………………………………………….
Address            : ………………………………………….
Date of Birth     : ………………………………………….
Nationality         : ………………………………………….
Occupation       : ………………………………………….
Hobbies            : …………………………………………
Phone number   : ………………………………………….
 
 1 Greeting and leave taking
Activity 1
Study  and practise this dialogue!
New students are waiting the bell for their first lesson at school. 
Ferdy    : Pardon me, is this seat free?
Anggi   : Of course, it ‘s free. please, sit down.
Ferdy    : Thanks, Hello, I’m Ferdy Hasan  .
Angga  : Hi,   my name is Angga Sukmawati.  Nice to meet you, Ferdy.
Ferdy    : I’m Glad to meet you too. Are you from Yokya?
Angga  : Yes, and you?
Ferdy    : I’m from Jakarta. (The school bell is ringing)
               Oh, it’s time for study now. Good bye Angga, see you later
Angga  : Bye Ferdy, so long.

Activity 2
Answer the questions based on the dialogue above!
1.     How many persons are there on the conversation?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
2.   Who introduces the name first?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
3.   What does he say?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
4.   What does Angga’s answer to introduce herself?
……………………………………………………………………………………………………
5.   Mention the other expressions used  for introduction! 
………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Activity 3
Learn these expression
v  Greeting and saying goodbye (ungkapan menyapa ketika bertemu dan meminta diri)
Greeting
Responding
Hello,…
Hi, …
Hi, how is life
How are you/How is it going ?



Good morning/Good afternoon/Good night
Hello,
Hi, …
Hi, I am fine. And you?
I’m OK

Not too bad, thanks. And you?

I’m not fine/I’m not feeling well
I get cold/vomit
Good morning/good afternoon/good night

v  Leave taking (Ungkapan meminta diri/memohon pergi)
Leave taking
Responding
Bye.
Goodbye
Sorry, I must leave now. Bye
Look after your self. Bye
I’m sorry. I have something to do. See you later
Sorry, I have to go now. I‘ll  call you then

 Bye
Goodbye
Bye-bye
See you, too
So long


Activity 4
Complete the following short dialogues  using the correct expressions or responses.
1. X      : Good morning?
     Y     : … ………………………………………………………………………………………….
2.  X     : hi, how are you?
      Y    : … ………………………………………………………………………………………….
3.  X     : How do you do?.
      Y    : … .     …………………………………………………………………………………….
4.  X     : See you later.
     Y     : … …………………………………………………………………………………………
5.  X     : Well, I have to go now
      Y    : … …………………………………………………………………………………………  

Activity. 5
Observe these expression.
Introducing yourself/someone
Answering an introduction
q  Introducing yourself
-          Hello, I am Agus Wuryanto
-          My name is Agus Wuryanto
-          How do you do, My name is Agus
-          Let me introduce my self. My name is ….
-          Allow me to introduce my self
q  Introducing someone
-          Indri, this is Aisyah
-          Indri, please introduce my friend, Aisyah
-          Indri, meet Aisyah
-          May I introduce you to Aisyah
-          I’d like to introduce you to Aisyah
-          Let me introduce you  to Aisyah.

-          how do you do?
-          Please to meet you
-          Very happy to meet you
-          I am delighted to meet you
-          It’s pleasure to meet you
-          I am very happy to meet you

Activit. 6
Make dialogues based on the following situation. Use expression above.
1. You meet your headmaster in a shopping mall. You introduce him to your parents
    You                          : ...........................................................
    Your parents          :.............................................................
    The headmaster   :............................................................. __________________________________________________________________
    
2. You introduce your sister to your school-mate.
    You                          :..........................................................
    Your sister              :..........................................................
    Your schoolmate   :.......................................................... __________________________________________________________________

3. You meet your teacher at the street. You introduce her to your sister.
    You                        : .........................................................    
    Your sister            :..........................................................
    The teacher          :.........................................................
 
 

Post a Comment

Lebih baru Lebih lama